SAMPLE FALL/WINTER LUNCHES
Black Bean Sweet Potato Turkey Burger with Paprika Parsnips: a burger of ground organic turkey breast, black beans, and local sweet potato with spices served with local organic collard green leaves as a bun and roasted smoked paprika parsnips.
- Health Benefits: The turkey breast is a great source of lean protein, the black beans add to the protein count while upping the fiber in this meal, and the sweet potato is packed with carotenoids and antioxidants. Collard green leaves provide vitamins A, C, and K, and parsnips are high in fiber, folate, and potassium.
Pumpkin Quinoa Chili: a hearty stew of local butternut squash, quinoa, white beans, organic red bell pepper, pumpkin puree, organic local spinach, coconut milk, onion, and spices.
- Health Benefits: butternut squash is high in Vitamins A and C as well as potassium and manganese. The white beans and quinoa provide lots of protein an fiber, and the spinach is high in Vitamin K and iron. Coconut milk is an immune system booster, perfect for the cold weather days.
Healthy Chicken Salad Wraps: Organic chicken breast, 0% Greek yogurt, organic grapes, local fuji apple and celery make up the chicken salad, wrapped in organic collard greens. Served with a side of roasted chili garlic squash seeds with garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt.
- Health Benefits: The chicken breast and Greek yogurt are great sources of lean protein, and serving this in a collard green boosts the nutrient value without processed flour or preservatives.
Roasted Red Onion, Pear, Feta Salad: organic chicken breast, roasted red onion, roasted local Bartlett pear, toasted walnuts, local endive leaves, and Bulgarian feta, over a bed of organic local arugula and organic local spinach. Served with a dressing of aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Health Benefits: the chicken is a great source of lean protein, the pear is a great source of fiber, potassium, and copper, and the arugula is a great source of calcium and Vitamin K, with the spinach adding iron to this nutrient dense lunch. Toasted walnuts add heart healthy fats.
Warm Cranberry Bulgur Salad: bulgur, organic turkey sausage, dried cranberries, roasted local butternut squash, local organic green kale, toasted sunflower seeds, and a local apple cider vinaigrette.
- Health Benefits: Bulgur is a great source of fiber and protein, with half the calories of quinoa. The turkey sausage is a great lean alternative that’s packed with protein, and the butternut squash is packed with Vitamin A, C, B6, and minerals manganese, magnesium, and potassium. Kale is full of antioxidant vitamins A, C, and K.
SAMPLE FALL/WINTER DINNERS
Dijon Herb Pork with Roasted Asparagus: lean cut organic boneless pork chops coated with dijon mustard, ground almonds, nutritional yeast, fresh parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper. Served with roasted local asparagus.
- Dessert: Almond Cinnamon Bites: ground almonds, rolled oats, fresh ground almond butter, organic extra virgin coconut oil, vanilla, a touch of organic maple syrup, and sea salt.
- Health Benefits: an ultra-lean cut of pork serves as a great source of protein, and mustard and herbs give a rich creamy flavor without adding extra fat. The combo of almonds and nutritional yeast give a cheesy parmesan flavor while keeping things lean. The asparagus is high in Vitamin K, B1, and the mineral copper.
Italian Stuffed Peppers: seasoned ground organic turkey breast, fresh organic kale, tomato sauce (crushed tomato, onion, basil, tomato paste), nutritional yeast, and salt are the filling for the fresh bell peppers. Topped with light mozzarella cheese for melty gooeyness.
- Dessert: Banana cookies and cashew cream: banana, oats, and sunflower seeds. Served with a sweet cashew cream (cashews, water, a touch of maple syrup, vanilla, salt).
- Health Benefits: ground turkey is a much leaner choice than ground beef, and mixed with the antioxidant power of tomato and Vitamins A, C, and K in the kale, this meal is hearty, filling, and great for you.
Sage Meatball Spaghetti Squash: roasted spaghetti squash, turkey meatballs (organic ground turkey breast, onion, egg, nutritional yeast, fresh sage, garlic), fresh organic spinach, fresh sage, Bulgarian feta, 0% Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, and fake “parmesan” (nutritional yeast, almonds, garlic powder, salt).
- Chickpea Blondie: Vegan, gluten free, healthy, and delicious. Made from chickpeas, fresh ground almond butter, organic 74% dark chocolate, organic maple syrup, organic vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Packed with protein, heart-healthy fats, and antioxidant filled dark chocolate
- Health Benefits: All of the decadence of buttery sage pasta without the heaviness. The nutritional yeast adds parmesan flavor to the lean meatballs without adding saturated fat, and the spaghetti squash is very low in calories while providing vitamin C, B-6, and every single essential mineral in trace amounts. The spinach provides iron and Vitamins A, C, K, and loads of other nutrients.
Apple Turkey Meatloaf: a turkey meatloaf of organic ground turkey breast, rolled oats, organic gala apple, organic carrots, onion, egg whites, applesauce, sage, thyme, salt and pepper, with a glaze of organic honey, Dijon mustard, and aged balsamic vinegar. Served with roasted organic broccolette and organic carrots.
- Dessert: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies: pumpkin puree, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, organic maple syrup, organic 74% dark chocolate chips, coconut oil, cinnamon.
- Health Benefits: A much lighter, leaner version of meatloaf, this version is gluten free and made with only lean proteins: all white turkey breast and egg whites, with apple and carrot to add moisture and flavor without adding fat.
Healthy Chicken Parm with Asparagus: organic chicken breast coated on one side with “parmesan” (almonds, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt — tastes just like the real thing!), topped with organic tomato sauce (organic tomato, tomato paste, basil, olive oil, garlic) and a thin slice of lowfat mozzarella cheese. Served with roasted asparagus.
- Dessert: Banana Cupcake with Superfood Pudding Frosting: banana, rolled oats, and sunflower seeds compose the cupcake, topped with a frosting of organic avocado, cocoa powder, organic honey, salt, organic vanilla, and organic extra virgin coconut oil.
- Health Benefits: This healthy take on an Italian classic uses nuts and nutritional yeast for a nutrient dense coating rather than flour and breadcrumbs, and a small amount of lowfat cheese to make sure you get all the flavor without a ton of added saturated fat. This is an ultra-lean, protein filled alternative; complemented by the asparagus which has over 100% of our recommended Vitamin K and over half the recommended Vitamin A – plus it’s a great source of multiple B-vitamins.